Trucking HR Canada’s wage subsidy program provides financial incentives to employers looking to reduce their financial risks in hiring persons with disabilities.
- Up to a $15,000 wage subsidy per participant placed.
- The provision of targeted onboarding, coaching, and mentoring resources.
- Support throughout the work placement period.
- Follow-up with employers to assess program effectiveness, and recommendations for future placements.
1. Currently Underemployed
- Working less than an average of 20 hours per week; and
- Actively seeking employment or increased employment; and
- In receipt of a notice of imminent lay-off, or
- Must leave his current occupation due to medical reasons
2. Living with a self-declared disability (no medical verification is required)
Self-identifies as having a permanent physical or mental disability.
3. Legally entitled to work in Canada
Role of Trucking HR Canada
Trucking HR Canada will provide the following support to the employer and employees throughout the placement period:
- Onboarding, coaching, and mentoring resources to support the integration of new employees into the labour market and enhance their ability to maintain employment
- Up to 50% funding of employees’ salaries, up to a maximum of $15,000 per employee placed
- Support for the employer with regular communication
Role of Employers
- Offer full time employment to persons with disability and pay 50% of their wages
- Work with the prospective employee to provide reasonable workplace accommodations.
- Deploy an effective onboarding, coaching, and mentoring framework to support employee success. Employers will be encouraged to use, and /or adapt materials developed by Trucking HR Canada.
c) Trucking HR Canada shall periodically request feedback from the employers and participants to evaluate the job placement, and the coaching and mentoring resources.
d) Employers will be required to submit evidence of salaries remitted to the participants (pay stubs), to get reimbursed.
Placement is open now.
Funded in part by the Government of Canada’s Opportunities Fund Program.
Interested in accessing the funds?
Contact Anthonia Ani at 613-244-4800 or email@example.com